Thursday, 19 May 2011

A blast from the past (ever had one of these?)

Sitting in the study looking through old boxes, photo's etc, finding stuff that i've kept hold of just because I want to.  Here's just a short journey into the past, what have you kept and just cant throw out?

My old school photo, this was 1967/68, now which one am I??  I was 11/12 years old when this was taken!


Me at 6 months old with my mum, check out the 50's clothes!!


Me at around 18/19 years, this was when I could get into a pair of very tight jeans, I like this photo as I didn't have a care in the world - happy days!!


A couple of old cook books, I always remember just how good food tasted when my mum cooked it!



Rules on perfect pastry!


A souvenir of Madame Tussaud's in London check the price of it!

Four shillings and sixpence!  This was back in the early 70's.


Admission ticket to Hampton Court Palace, this was in the 60's and it cost One Shilling!!
I'm feeling older by the second!!


One FA Cup Final ticket from 1980 at Wembly - £11??
I have no idea what it would cost now.


Last but not least - I used to work for the British School of Motoring (more happy days), I loved it there, I wasn't an instructor I worked behind the counter.  I worked in Peckham, anyone who knows London will know what Peckham is like, This was back in the mid 70's and the manager used to keep a large wooden baseball bat underneath his counter, luckily the shop never had any trouble!  I found out very quickly that driving instructors were either divorced or would be very soon, everyone knew some of the instructors and their pupils were doing more than driving, but no one ever said anything!  tut tut......

And just look at the price for 11 lessons!! £35.29.





XX










1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you certainly have kept a lot of mementos. Sad, to say, but I haven't kept anything other than my old teddy bear who is the same age as me, and I honestly think he is wearing much better than I am too. he is somewhere on one of my blogs (I think in re-decorating). I've only kept a few things my girls have bought me over the years. I am not a sentimentalist, which is a shame in a way, but I cannot bear clutter not like the other half who has way too many 'man' drawers absolutely stuffed with bits I would have thrown out years ago. It was good to see your old bits tho. I think I have some photos around, so might sort them out and do a little blog like you have here sometime. I remember going into Kew Gardens and it cost 1 penny - in old money too

    ReplyDelete

Spam is deleted at source and no links are ever seen or opened