Monday, 27 June 2011

Ten things about me that not many people know!



1.     I hold a purple belt in karate (as does my hubby).  We used to train in a Dojo in Kent but gave it all up when we moved to a different area.



2.      I have Al Pacino’s autograph (sigh).  He was in a play called “American Buffalo” at the Duke of Yorks theatre (London) back in the 80’s (I think).  I and a few others nabbed him by the back door.


3.      I used to work for a Funeral Supplies company doing their accounts, and my hubby worked as a Funeral Director.  I have seen many bodies being “prepared”, and seen a few autopsies.  Sounds grim I know but you can either deal with it or not.

(No images here!)


      I absolutely refuse to act my age!



5.      I have a fear of ventriloquist dummies, the “old” sort that looked like little men.  I can remember vividly watching an old black and white film where this dummy comes alive and sits up on the bed.  It completely spooked me out.  Saying that one of my favourite films was “Magic” with Anthony Hopkins.



6.      When I was young I used to cut off all the hair on my dolls because I was in “training” to be a hairdresser!




     My favourite toy when young was probably Lego.



       I can read Tarot Cards.



     I married my childhood sweetheart (ahh).





10.  I believe that spiders are angels.  Bonkers?  Not according to my Aunt Daisy (god rest her soul), which is why she never killed them and I do my utmost to “persuade” them to go into the garden.  Mind you if a big hairy one landed on me I would probably die!



Thats me!  XX

4 comments:

  1. Love your facts, made me smile and some surprises! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, I am terrified of spiders! A really good post = thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lilly!
    It's so nice to meet you! What a wonderful introduction to you and your cute blog!! Thanks for popping over for a visit. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post - love reading about people's own quirky lives

    ReplyDelete

Spam is deleted at source and no links are ever seen or opened