Sunday, 11 December 2011

Ho Ho Ho it's Horncastle Christmas Market

The weather forecast was not good for this part of Lincolnshire, in fact it was set to rain all day :(  but luckily the skies remained clear and our local Christmas Market was in full swing from 11 0'clock onwards.  There were plenty of wonderful stalls selling just about anything you can imagine.  I want to thank some of the stall holders for letting me take some lovely festive pictures for this feature - their names and contact details can be found at the bottom of this post.

I was also impressed by some of the window displays, one of which really stood out.  This beautiful shop is my personal favourite.  The Country Stile sells gorgeous items, if you are a fan of East of India products you would find it difficult to leave this shop!  I believe a talented lady called Maria designed and dressed this window, congratulations to her for so much effort !





Of course I just had to buy a little something.


I also bought this gorgeous Christmas stocking from one of the stalls.


Here is a selection of the best stalls.  As you can tell there is a definite country style theme here !









We also had a jolly Elf (I think) singing his heart out in the freezing cold !


A selection of more beautiful window displays.







Even an old fashioned musical machine outside the grocers.


And finally this is our home "Christmas Cottage"




After all this excitement myself and hubby nipped into our local pub for a well earned drink :)

Links and thanks to the following :





XX








7 comments:

  1. You definitely have the spirit of Christmas!
    Thank you for the lovely walk♥Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks like my kind of place! Beautiful displays, I would have spent hours there! I love your new Christmassy blog look by the way xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shops are amazing - I would have loved it there - that reindeer in the first shop me so want. I love those sort of things - my purse would have been empty by the end of the day. Your window display is pretty good too and so appropriate your house name. I've had a heck of a job finding anything decent around this way - everything is so tacky and glittery which gets everywhere - oh, maybe next year I need to make a weekend trip to your part of the world with my cheque book. xx Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I didn't know this was on...I only live about 30 mins away, I would've come for a mooch, looks loooovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it looks amazing, you found some great shops and stalls :) your decs look great.

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just full of quaint and quirky-i want to live there! your Christmas market looks realky gorgeous. the one in Belfast is full of exotic animal burgers and tat-nothing like the gorgeous things on sale in your Christmas fair. the shops look beautiful and i imagine i would spend a very happy day browsing all the goodies on sale! your cottage window display is really lovely-you could teach folk round our way a thing or two about tasteful classy decorations!

    ReplyDelete

Spam is deleted at source and no links are ever seen or opened