Thursday, 16 February 2012

The up's and downs of this week with swaps and dentists :)

Well it started last Friday with me and my swap partner (see last post) posting off our parcels.  I got mine Monday.  As for Sarah Monday came and went, Tuesday nothing, Wednesday nothing, so now im in a bit of a panic.  Having tried Royal Mails Track & Trace it would seem the parcel was "in the system", this really doesnt help.  Anyway cutting a long story short I arrived home this afternoon to a lovely email saying that the swap had been received :)  I can now show you what I made and sent :


A Tatty Owl pincushion


A felt bird hanging


A button heart brooch


A felt egg cosy


One of my mixed media paintings


Tiny felt house

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to go to the dentist today, my hubby also had an appointment.  I havent been to the dentist for about 7 years, why you ask?  Well where I lived before I had to go and get a tooth seen to as it was hurting so much. The dentist (a women) was new to me and at the first appointment she said the tooth will need to be extracted, on the second visit I had it taken out.  She gave me an injection in the upper gum, before she did this I thought it would be OK as i'd had quite a few injections without too much pain.  Well how wrong can you be?  The needle went in and i'm sure it must have been about 10 inches long, it kept going up and up into the gum DESPITE me grabbing her arm and trying to pull her away, the pain was indescribable, she ignored my attempts at trying to stop her and kept going.  She had injected the main nerve and I was at fainting point.


I remember letting out a yell and she finally stopped, I had no choice but to sit there and wait until my gum had numbed before she yanked out my tooth.  Needless to say I walked out of that practice and never went back.

Its the first time I had ever been afraid of a dentist so today's visit was a big deal for me.  Luckily I was told that my teeth were OK and they just needed a clean and polish.  So I was very relieved :)

None of us want to end up like this

But it only takes one bad experience to set you back years.

Pen xx




6 comments:

  1. I hate the post office and the dentist!! poor you it's been a tough week, hope the weekend is great for you :) it won't be long now!

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous goodies - and what a lucky lucky person to receive them too. I go to a dentist about 40 miles away cause I had a bad experience with my local one too and it made me so scared. So now I go miles to a lovely lady who has helped me overcome my fear. So know exactly what you have been through - so sadistic some of these. So 10 out of 10 for being so brave - and so glad your parcel did not go astray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for being so brave at the dentist. I hate them and had to be hypnotised as a kid just to sit in the chair! Even now I still have to have someone with me to make sure I go in! Lovely goodies you sent x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful swap it was!!! Both were equally wonderful creations WOW! Your stitching amazes me Pen..perfection. The post office well not perfection. I get soooo agitated at the mention of this CROWN CORP. Pidgeons would be more reliable...
    As for the dentist...well when I was younger the trama occurred...so I will be looking like your picture soon...lol....Your a so brave to face it once again..good for you ~♥~ Debi

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my heart went out to you. i have a massive phobia for the dentist - i think that i can trace back to when i was about 11 - i wont re tell the story..... i luckily have found the most lovely kind gentle dentist who has put up with my tears and tantrums.
    love your swaps - especially the house! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, lucky swapee!
    I've had a nagging toothache for weeks - nothing major - but noone likes a visit to the dentist. And whilst at Uni, I was a dental nurse! Think I might have seen too much.
    Happy new week
    fee x

    ReplyDelete

Spam is deleted at source and no links are ever seen or opened