Monday, 26 March 2012

I'm wearing someone else's head !

Picture this - I was on my way back with hubby from the supermarket when I remembered I needed some cash, so I stopped at my bank (the hole in the wall machine) and took my debit card from my purse.  So far so good :)  By the way I do not own an American Express card, it's what I aspire to (joke).

 

Anyway I put my card into the slot and was instructed to enter my PIN ****
I then proceeded to enter the amount  ££.££

 

A message popped up, it said "You may be charged for using this service, do you still wish to continue?"

Feeling outraged that my bank were going to charge me I begrudgingly pressed "yes".
 

At this point a series of loud beeps was coming from the machine and after a few seconds it spat out my card!
I turned around to my hubby who was trying to keep it together.

 

"What's so funny?" I said, looking bemused.

 

"You just put your Tesco Club card in the machine instead of your debit card", was the reply.

 

The funniest part is that the bank actually accepted the club card and then told me I would be charged for using it - priceless!

 XX

 

6 comments:

  1. lol! I am glad I am not the only one who does things like that! Would have been better if the machine had actually parted with the cash! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story, this is something I would do! love your new blog header, have a great week sweetie

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, what can I say.....:) Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont you feel confident in the establishment in care of your money...thats why my mattress is lumpy..
    ♥Debi

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Granny did that just last week. Although when one machine spat it out she moved on to the next and tried again (doh!)

    Loving the new banner...fee x

    ReplyDelete

Spam is deleted at source and no links are ever seen or opened