Friday, 9 March 2012

A super scrimper? That's me :)

A few years ago if anyone said have you ever bought anything from a charity shop I would have laughed.  I cant begin to imagine how much money I have wasted on "stuff" and overpriced stuff at that :(


Out of necessity and not choice I now have to make considered purchases.  I have turned into a Super Scrimper, something a few years ago that would have seemed implausible.  I went into my local Age UK charity shop (there's a clue here somewhere!) where I was staggered to find 2 tops for a whopping £1 each :)


I then trawled around Ebay to find 2 more tops (ex M&S) for under a tenner, more bargins!  I now have the bug.  I did treat myself to a glass jar filled to the brim with buttons for £1.50, there must have been 300 of them and I have a really nice jar :) This is not mine but it looks the same.


I always thought that scrimping meant you were "tight", of course it means you are savvy!

How attitudes change when hard times come knocking at your door!

Are you money savvy??

 XX


3 comments:

  1. I have always shopped that way! I loved the song "Second Hand Rose" by Miss Barbara and recieved my Mom's seasonal cast off's so the stage was set in my youth. Only exception was no seconds on my children or grandchildren....I know...I have issues...lol

    Buttons!!! very clever, indeed..hmm the scavenger hunt is in full motion here as well.

    have I mentioned your blog looks gorgous.............♥Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great find with the button jar that is such a cheap and great deal!! have a wonderfully sweet weekend.

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have found some buttons like that - what a master find. Will have to go out and try again.

    ReplyDelete

Spam is deleted at source and no links are ever seen or opened