Thursday, 14 June 2012

Shed heads and fat heads!!

Well the sun is out today and don't it make you feel good?


My OH has just finished hanging two doors, a new one for the bedroom and one for the studio, up until an hour ago the studio had no door :(  Because we live in a Victorian cottage all the walls and door frames are wonky, so nothing fits, everything has to be sanded or sawn down, so as you can imagine the air was a deep shade of blue this afternoon.  The said doors had to be lifted up and down the (very narrow) staircase several times before I heard the whooping sounds of "it fits, it fits!!" coming from my nearest and dearest.
Unfortunately a positive always has to have a negative, halfway through banging the door frame one of my artworks decided to fly off the wall up in the hall and hurtle towards me (between the stairs) at a hundred miles an hour, smacking me on the top of the head, I was not amused :(

Then when trying to haul one of the doors up the stairs my OH smacked his head on a small shelf halfway up the hallway (snigger), I didn't laugh - honest.



On a lighter note we have a new baby shed (awwww!), to keep the bigger one at the end of the garden company, we want to turn the bigger one into a studio.  We also need another baby shed to put opposite this one.  We decided to paint it a baby blue colour.  We want all 3 sheds (eventually) to be different shades of blue or green, it's amazing how it cheers up the garden!

I also bought some beautiful linen/cotton material, it's only a fat quarter though.  Now I don't know what to do with it.


I can barely put my scissors on it at the moment!  It's just big enough for a small cushion, so that will be my next project!
Have a lovely rest of the day hunnies :)





© rosa lily refers to all art work and design

6 comments:

  1. Ha you did make me laugh. All worth it in the end. We have the same problem - need new doors but the small size is too small and the big too big - nothing in between except bespoke doors and I am loath to spend that much on a door. Enjoy your sewing with that lovely piece of material. Be interesting to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! love your new baby shed such a gorgeous colour :) in love with your fabric too, what about using it as a picture for now to look at it a little longer before getting the scissors out?

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shed is a delight, I have seen the orangey wood ones in B&Q and with a lick of pain they look fab!
    I love your FQ the fabric lines would lend itself well to strips, a log cabin style piece made into couple of fabric coasters or a pin cushion or makeup bag, something you will see often as it's too nice to put away. Look forward to seeing what you make. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I know! make a very stylish ice-pack cover :) You both will wear
    it out in no time....Home Renovations made with love........awe....
    You do make me smile and risk more wrinkles....♥Debi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new baby shed it is so cute!!
    I've been trying to talk the hubby into buying a huge wood cabin type shed for the top of the garden for the kids to use as a tv/playroom but so far he seems unconvinced, I aim to try harder with my convincing skills ;o)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute shed! I bet three in different shades will look great. It will be like southwold sea front once you are done. That material is very sweet ilike the little red keys.
    But I am lost at what to make with small pieces. All mine end up piled up and then my daughter gets hold and they are gone
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Spam is deleted at source and no links are ever seen or opened