Thursday, 12 July 2012

Fight or flight?

© rosa lily refers to all art work and design

I wish I could commit more to sewing.  I look around other blogs and think "I could do that", only to find I can't.  Trouble is I have to be in the mood to do something, is anyone else like this?  A few weeks ago I couldn't stop drawing and painting, now it's sewing, sometimes it's nothing at all.  This is why I have so much trouble with the idea of an Etsy shop.  I have made stuff, but not enough stuff to fill a shop.  I make all kinds of things and never stick to just one - I am my own frustration!!  Here's what I made earlier for July's Monthly Make :D

A small fabric plate or mug coaster (with a "Blighty" theme).



A very pink bookmark made out of tea towel off cuts together with a prim heart.
 
 

Anyone else ever tried to cut tea towel fabric with a blunt pair of scissors?  I now have a rug full of fluffy fibres :(




8 comments:

  1. Are you a Gemini by any chance? I am the same - look how many times my blog has changed, my card names, my style and logos - I just never am satisfied and flit from one to another. I think since Christmas I have actually stayed on track - not sure for how long tho....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm an Aquarian, head in the clouds, dreamer etc.......

      Delete
  2. I'm totally changeable too, I think it's all part and parcel of being an artist and a woman ;o)

    I wouldn't swap my crazy brain for anyone else's.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of those makes hun! Especially the Blighty coaster. I keep seeing so many ingenious things made from tea towels. I must investigate. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought 3 for £2 in a charity shop, and, with a push, you can make 4 items per tea towel. Also white linen tea towels, found a few on Ebay recently, cheaper than buying a fat quarter of quality linen! xx

      Delete
  4. Hi rosa lily, thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your kind words! You blog is also really lovely and I had a peek at the many things you make/made and they are all soooo cute!!! I really totally absolutely understand you when you talk about having thousands of ideas and not being able to stick to something. I get easily bored so I am exactly like you. I always want to change, and try new stuff, learn new skills etc.etc.!!!!
    So no advice from my side, but be sure that all the things you make are extremely cute in my opinion :)))

    hugs
    federica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After all these kind words it's about time I kicked myself into touch!! No more excuses ;D

      Delete
  5. Sorry I am late! I have runaway from home and taking a minute to check up on my favorite cyber♥s...I am exactly like that Pen....Creativity cannot be ON DEMAND! so stop and let it flowwwww when it wants...how it wants ...........
    Forgive me if I am missing but starting over at 60 is quite a creative challenge!
    Love & Hugs............♥Debi

    ReplyDelete

Spam is deleted at source and no links are ever seen or opened