Saturday, 28 December 2013

And so that was Christmas, what have you done?

As 2013 comes to an end like for many of you it's been a strange year to say the least.  A few months ago we sold our house only to be messed about by the buyer, so much so that we took the house off the market.
This in itself caused a lot of problems, the excitement of going then the disappointment of staying.  We then decided to stay, but yet again the wanderlust reared its head and the cottage was up for sale, this time with many views but no offers - so again disappointment.

We tried to make it work but decided to try for a third time, it was a huge leap of faith for both of us, we are literally risking all.  This time (fingers and everything else crossed) we have sold and should be exchanging very soon.

But we are not getting too excited just yet :)


This year has also been rubbish for money (or lack of it) - hence the move.  Semi rural living, no car, one bus an hour (if you're lucky) and no jobs is no fun.  I have had to put my 'creative side' to one side.  I wanted to join a couple of on line art classes, I wanted to publish two short stories, open a web site, publish my photography, sell my art etc etc......... could not do any of these, again this prompted the move.  Possibility of some sort of job, better transport, (possibly a cheap car), it's a sad fact that without money you can't do bugger all.  This is not a whinge by the way, having sod all has made me a super scrimper, I know the value of everything I buy (especially food), I make do and mend, it has in fact taught me a valuable lesson, I don't waste anything, I save for everything.  I have in the past been a complete idiot with money - I just wish that someone had taught me how to manage the stuff years ago.  But hey ho - these things are sent to try us.


Family are another bug bear - certain 'family' I feel look down on us, they assume an awful lot.  They can't understand why we don't take holidays, go out for meals, how we manage on very little (and without any help from the state whatsoever), benefits were another assumption.  I could go on but I can't be asked, I really have no time for some family and I now just smile sweetly at their stupid comments.  They don't understand because they don't want to - 'nuff said.


So what to do in 2014?  If the move goes ahead (pretty please) I (and hubby) will be able to get on with life again, we are both in a rut and there is always a way forward.  So, in the words of Buzz Lightyear :


INFINITY & BEYOND!!

Or East Sussex will do just fine  xx

Whatever you do in 2014 - do it for yourself.

Rosa Lily L



5 comments:

  1. Oh my dear friend! Money is evil......and the devil hates laughter! So keep laughing and live on love! Then just watch the universe shower you with blessings! You are in my prayers! Happy Happy New Year! xoxoxoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay hope it all goes through for you too and fingers crossed you come down nearer my way - one day we might even meet! Families - yep, some are such a pain in the arse and we too just do what we need to do and no more. I keep my distance, for my own sanity. Had a smashing christmas day with the ones that mean the most to me, sadly one of my babies lives in Canada and to see her at the end of the video broke my heart. She did it with my youngest and we had no idea. I miss her dreadfully and like you have to watch the pennies. We save very hard and like you don't do meals often and unnecessary expenditure - thus a kitchen that took 40 years to get!! We have to be careful if I want to see my daughter each year. We try to fit in special holidays for special occasions, but in between are careful. I hope, with all my heart you get your move, get your new house and a little car and get a better life. Lots of love xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems uncertain times are ahead for us all.... Let's just hope that whatever 2014 has planned for us, we make the best of it with love, friendship, compassion and hope.
    Hey - who needs money anyway...!!!
    Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am keeping everything crossed that your move goes through this time... it is SO stressful. We had a couple of years when my husband was out of work and I know what you mean about people not understanding that you don't holiday, go out for meals etc. But it was actually a really good time for us looking back. It made me realise that time, not money is important and you find out who your real friends are. I wish you all the best for 2014 and look forward to hearing all about your next adventure! Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the house move goes well.
    All the best for 2014 and stay positive
    x

    ReplyDelete

Spam is deleted at source and no links are ever seen or opened