Thursday, 17 April 2014

A Dotty Baby dress

I was inspired recently by a beautiful baby dress, something I had never thought of making, so today I found some red dotty fabric (it's called 'dotty' and it's by Clarke & Clarke) and thought I would have a go.  On first glance it doesn't look too bad, but because I find following a pattern almost impossible, the dress was 'made up' in my head.  I have no idea how to line it (don't even go there) and the composition was by 'eye' only. 
I have no idea about darts or anything else to do with dressmaking but I thought I would have a go :)

RED DOTTY FABRIC 


PRETTY BUTTONS 


OLD BITS OF LACE FOR THE HEM 


DURING CONSTRUCTION! 


TA DAH! THE FRONT 


THE BACK (it's deliberately wonky by choice, obviously) 


THE FRONT 


A DOTTY LABEL 


I ALSO MADE A SCRAPPY HEART

                                                                                            (¯`•.•´¯)¸•´¯`☆❤
                                                                                             `•.¸¸.•´ 
No reason I just love hearts 


☆☆* ♥♥ *☆☆☆☆* ♥♥ *☆☆

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that dress is adorable - it's red and it's got dots - perfect! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now ruffled bloomers! white socks , Pantene leather tap shoes and NOW a DOLL!
    Can't wait to see her! xoxoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is your 1st attempt at dressmaking & without a pattern..?
    You have an amazing talent - next Sewing Bee for you Mrs...
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Spam is deleted at source and no links are ever seen or opened