Sunday, 7 August 2016

Wynken Blynken and Nod - The age of innocence


On a recent trip to beautiful Rye in East Sussex I came across a sweet book shop called The Tiny Book Store.  Full of charm, I just couldn't resist going in.  If the weather had been cooler I would have stayed in there a lot longer, but after walking for what seemed miles, in intense heat and humidity, I was too hot and bothered to stay too long.  I did find two charming children's books.




This one from 1950 - Wynken Blynken and Nod, a book of poems with some lovely illustrations.





This tiny book called  "Dolls and how to make them" was published in 1949, it's a charming reminder of just how innocent children were.......and how the simple pleasure in making a rag doll was all that was required to keep your offspring happy.




Please leave a comment before you go!

2 comments:

  1. I love your treasures! The book is very special, some how I remember this title? And Yes the doll making book is perfect! especially the clown pattern!😍
    I resently cursed our sad libraries discard table and went home with some treasures as well! Nothing says a GREAT DAY! like finding a great book to eart! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vintage books, my fav sort of shop

    ReplyDelete

Spam is deleted at source and no links are ever seen or opened