Monday, 17 July 2017

Dyeing and stamping fabric

I belong to a lovely group on Facebook and their latest swap was a fabric dye/distress/stamp one.  I am swapping with 6 other UK ladies and decided to stick to dye and stamp.  I kept the juice from some frozen berries and made a thin solution with the spice turmeric (plenty of water and spice mixed).  I used some old pillow cases for the experiment.  I literally just dipped them and hung them over the bath to dry naturally.  I wanted the fabric to look 'old' and imperfect.  When they dried I used water colour paints (from the tub no mixing) and brushed the colour onto some rubber stamps (clear ones are no good at 'holding' the paint).  I used a few paper doilies for the patterns.  They seemed to have turned out just right :)












💙💙💙

3 comments:

  1. Oh, these are really pretty. I love everything about them, the color, the fabric, and the design. How creative these are. I am wondering, if you wash it, will the design and color start to rinse away?

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These colours have not been set so yes they would run if washed! xx

      Delete

Spam is deleted at source and no links are ever seen or opened